Lian Pin joins an exciting lineup of biologists, economists, neuroscientists, architects, technologists, activists, artists, a “gentleman thief” and the former Prime Minister of Greece for TEDGlobal 2013, themed "Think Again", 10-14 June, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Ecologist Lian Pin Koh has been honored as one of the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders Class of 2013.
The Forum of Young Global Leaders was established in 2004 by the World Economic Forum as a non-profit foundation based in Geneva, Switzerland. The Forum of Young Global Leaders is a community of exceptional leaders from varied fields, who are under 40 and share a commitment to shaping the global future.
Just published. Click to here to download the chapter on Biodiversity State and Trends in Southeast Asia co-authored by Lian Pin Koh et al.
The Species Extinction Calculator is a freeware jointly produced by Odeon Consulting Group (a software develpment team) and Lian Pin Koh. The SEC illustrates the use of a mathematical model recently developed by Lian Pin that estimates species extinction risk due to land cover changes in a landscape, including alterations of non-forest habitats within the landscape matrix. Details of this model can be found in Conservation Biology and Journal of Applied Ecology.
- M Indrawan, N Wahid, M Argeloo, S Mile-Doucet, J Tasirin, LP Koh, M Summers, PJK McGowan. 2012. All politics is local: the case of the Macrocephalon maleo conservation on Sulawesi, Indonesia.Biodivers Conserv 21:3735-3744 DOI │ PDF
- DM Evans, P Barnard, LP Koh, CA Chapman, R Altwegg, TWJ Garner, ME Gompper, IJ Gordon, TE Katzner, N Pettorelli. 2012. Funding nature conservation: who pays? Animal Conserv 15:215-216 DOI │ PDF
- AD Ziegler, J Phelps, JQ Yuen, EL Webb, D Lawrence, JM Fox, TB Bruun, SJ Leisz, C Ryan, W Dressler, O Mertz, U Pascual, C Padoch, LP Koh. 2012. Carbon outcomes of major land-cover transitions in SE Asia: great uncertainties and REDD+ policy implications. Global Change Biol 18:3087-3099 DOI │ PDF
- LP Koh & SA Wich. 2012. Dawn of drone ecology: low-cost autonomous aerial vehicles for conservation. Trop Conserv Sci 5:121-132 PDF
- JA Garcia-Ulloa, S Sloan, P Pacheco, J Ghazoul & LP Koh. 2012. Lowering environmental costs of oil-palm expansion in Colombia. Conserv Lett 5:366-375 DOI │ PDF
- X Giam, LP Koh, HH Tan, J Miettinen, HTW Tan & PKL Ng. 2012. Global extinctions of freshwater fishes follow peatland conversion in Sundaland. Front Ecol Environ 10:465-470 DOI │ PDF
- LP Koh & TM Lee. 2012. Sensible consumerism for environmental sustainability. Biol Conserv 151:3-6 DOI │ PDF
- DP Edwards, LP Koh & WF Laurance. 2012. Indonesia's REDD+ pact: saving imperilled forests or business as usual? Biol Conserv 151:41-44 DOI │ PDF
- O Venter & LP Koh. 2012. Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+): game changer or just another quick fix? Ann NY Acad Sci 1249:137-150 DOI │ PDF
- LP Koh, HK Gibbs, PV Potapov & MC Hansen. 2012. REDDcalculator.com: a web-based decision-support tool for implementing Indonesia's forest moratorium. Methods Ecol Evol 3: 310-316 DOI │ PDF